Friday, October 30, 2009

Ok, this is the post from last night, I hadn't made the blog yet.

29/10/2009 9:00PM

Drinking: Chocolate Port

Greetings,
I've decided to do yet another composition using patch 28, this time however, I will not use acoustic feedback, I will be using digital feedback going out of the soundcard and straight back in. It sounded ok, however clipping is always a serious problem when working with feedback but if used correctly it can add a great textural element to the piece. [091029 Patch 28 - Feedback 2].
Earlier today I also did a feedback recording at uni, that time however I used the inbuilt microphone and got some cool sounding results [091029 Patch 28 - Feedback].
Now, I am going to do the same feedback through the mbox but, instead of just going straight through, im going to have a small behringer mixer in the middle to try and pick up some more noise. Sounded cool, the mixer allows for a lot of experimentation and works really well with this patch [091029 Patch 28 - Feedback Mixer]. Going to grab some more cables to do some more routing. I'll plug some contact mics into the mixer to try and get something more interesting [091029 Patch 28 - Feedback Mixer 2]. The feedback didn't work as well as I would've liked, but anyway, now I'm going to through a ride cymbal into the mixer to try for some cool sounds. Sounds ok, but the mixer is too bloody noisy.

- Theo

No comments:

Post a Comment