Friday, October 30, 2009

Today's Post

Working on my patches for the upcoming installation. I needed a router with a bit more adaptability than the objects present in max. I've created an 8 channel input, 8 channel output patch thats fairly simple, called Patch 38 - "Splitter". The patch can select up to 8 inputs, or any combination to a maximum of 8 (4 different channels of input 3 and 2 of input 5) and output the channels to any number of the 8 outputs. A handy patch bay for routing the channels out of the laptops for the installation. Also in today's development I added a handy radio group to the 8 channel master control. This allows me to select any of the 8 faders, and change them with a master fader to avoid having to manually get them all to the same levels.
The first good feedback composition using the doom patch. This was in class I was explaining the system to my uni lecturer and you can hear me speaking in the background at some points, which I think makes a cool contrast to the relatively pure sine tones being created by acoustic feedback [091019 Patch 28 Feedback 2].
After this point I began writing compositions in quadrophonic in my garage using two pairs of large speaker cabs. [091019 Patch 28 - Feedback 5] Was a cool experiment, this was the second piece written in 4 channel and all I used for this was the same feedback principle, but I used the sound of rubbing my hands together as a catalyst. There is also a noticable difference in the sound, due to the size of the room and the distance the speakers are from the microphone, as the piece progresses you can hear the sounds moving further away and the resonance increasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment